This Ministry also is strongly committed to the personal greatness of the children. All of the lessons are based on Unity’s Core Teachings:
- the active presence of a loving God within each person and event,
- empowered responsibility for the course of one’s life,
- personal spiritual exploration and guidance, and
- the power of positive thoughts.
Uniteens (11 – 14 yrs)
Youth of Unity (14 – 18 yrs)
Our Uniteens and Youth of Unity (Y.O.U.) classes meet in the upstairs classrooms in the House. All other classes meet in the main Sanctuary building.
1. God is all good and active in everything, everywhere.
2. I am naturally good because God’s divinity is in me and in everyone.
3. I create my experiences by what I choose to think and what I feel and believe.
4. Through affirmative prayer and meditation, I connect with God and bring out the good in my life.
5. I do and give my best by living the truth I know. I make a difference.
Our mission is not to entertain the children, but to call them out. To be always entertained is to be dwarfed and dependent. To be “called out” is to follow the harmonious law of the soul’s unfoldment. Who meddles with the rosebud? What fingers are deft enough to pry open that marvel of folded beauty? We are wise enough to leave it alone to follow the glad law of its own unfolding, but our children! Have we dealt as wisely with these buds of marvelous possibilities? Have we always remembered that they, too, must quicken and unfold through the innate law of their own genius?
Unity in the Heart of Teens
The International Youth of Unity (YOU) gathered at Unity Village, Missouri and a group made this video, which interpreted Unity’s teachings in a clever, unique way.
RESOURCES for PARENTS
Program Overview: Unity Family Matters on Unity Online Radio
Good parenting doesn’t happen by default. It is intentional. It is a decision about who you will be and what you will do in your family life. Your hosts Rev. Jennifer and Ogun Holder want you to experience the “light” side of parenting — realizing your divine identity while raising your children to know they are “the light of God.” In the previously recorded program, they offer insight based upon Unity principles, talk with today’s prominent experts in spiritual parenting, and address your questions and comments from spiritual perspectives.